Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is hiring experienced Module Process and Equipment Engineers focused on manufacturing optimization. Seeking experts in the following process areas: Lithography, Wet Cleans and Etch, Dry Etch, Thin Films CVD/ALD, CMP, Metrology / Defect Inspection, Diffusion, PVD and Implant to help develop, select and deploy world class semiconductor manufacturing equipment. This role is in a new team chartered to enable best in class 3D NAND manufacturing capability.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of delivering leading edge equipment and process capability, yield, cost and manufacturability. This will involve extensive and exceptional collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams and tool vendors to meet challenging program goals.
Job responsibilities include:
- Drive manufacturing performance to meet and exceed industry benchmarks. Emphasis on taking a strategic approach to influence pricing, productivity, process performance, and advancements in technology. Participate/Lead teams which influence capital, evaluation decisions, and quality.
- Lead and conduct process, equipment and material development projects with equipment and material suppliers. This will involve exceptional collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams and tool vendors to meet challenging program goals.
- Select and develop equipment for the process to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Work effectively with the equipment supplier to identify shortcomings, propose and evaluate hardware modification to mitigate issues.
- Define continuous improvement equipment roadmaps to meet requirements, goals and milestones for new technologies.
- Define detailed equipment configuration and set schedule for manufacturing deployment, accounting for technology node requirements, tool/process maturity, and extendibility
- Maintain metrics on equipment cost and performance, and conduct equipment benchmarking exercise.
- Identify alternate equipment opportunities for technology advantages, capital and ownership cost reduction and manufacturing synergy, and drive their evaluation and deployment in manufacturing
- Interface with procurement global supplier account managers to ensure technical requirements feed into procurement strategies for suppliers
- Identify opportunities for equipment reuse, assess configurations and modification/refurbish needs; define low-risk cost-effective recommendations for manufacturing deployment
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem solving tools.
- Move projects effectively through project lifecycle – definition, planning, implementation, acceptance and review.
- Motivate stakeholders to take ownership of projects.
- Train receiving engineers in high volume factories.
- Domestic and International travel, as necessary to support job responsibilities
- PhD (or MS) degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or an equivalent field.
- 10+ years of experience in semiconductor process and/or equipment development.
- Recognized industry leader with demonstrated track record including relevant technical publications and/or patents
- Demonstrated experience as internal / external spokesperson regarding technology or strategy.
- Demonstrated experience with executive presentations
- Demonstrate experience with technical problem solving skills, with multitasking
- Demonstrated experience working with external and internal partners, including leading edge semiconductor equipment and/or materials manufacturers.
- A fast learner, able to adapt to the culture and the technology
- Must be flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1470542/Staff-Snr.-Staff-Engineer/
• Post ID: 17907457 provo