Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:40 PM
Burdick Materials, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready:mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position requiring employee to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips, driveways, etc...
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- Training new crew memebers.
- Calculating the number of trucks required to haul asphalt from the hot plant according to vehicle capacity, traffic conditions, distance from work site, and productivity of drivers.
- Touring job sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment, measure slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts, and to supervise the job.
- Supervising and coordinating crew activities, studying production schedules, and estimating work requirements for completion of job assignment in compliance with or beating the job estimate.
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing.
- Maintaining company policy.
- Recommends measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance
- When working with coworkers employed as Material Spotters/Dump Men, constant eye contact will be maintained with this person when backing, communicating using hand signals, or other movements. If whereabouts of Material Spotters/Dump Men is unknown, vehicle is to be stopped until this person is located.
- Will directly supervise 5 to 10 asphalt paving employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and 3 to 5 years of related asphalt and paving experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Standard Driver's License. CDL is helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
• Location: Provo, roosevelt
• Post ID: 18432492 provo